Posted: Sunday December 08, 2013
There’s just 17 days until Christmas as so for just a small handful of couples across the UK, there’s just 17 days until their big day. Although a common belief that it’s not possible to get married on Christmas Day, there’s actually no legal reason why you can’t. In fact, provided your venue and vicar or registrar are available and happy to marry you, you can hold your wedding on the most festive day of the year.
If you are lucky enough to find a venue to host your Christmas day wedding, Braxted Park has some top tips for a Christmas wedding day:
1) Let your guests know early. The availability of accommodation over Christmas is often limited and travel can be more expensive. Therefore if you are inviting guests from a distance away, let them know well in advance so they can make their plans for getting to your wedding.
2) Instead of the traditional arrival drinks such a champagne or Pimms why not try warm cider or mulled wine? You could serve Christmas themed canapé such as mini pigs in blankets or mince pies.
3) Many venues will decorate their rooms with Christmas themed decorations so try to incorporate this into your theme. By using the decorations provided by the venue you will cut the cost of your wedding and take the hassle out of arranging someone to do this on your behalf.
4) If you are getting married in church, choose Christmas carols instead of hymns. These will sound great if sung by the church choir but as they are so popular, many of your guests will also know the words and will be able to sing along too, adding to the festive feeling in church.
5) Many of your guests will want to give you a present on your big day. Instead of the wedding gift table, why not ask your guests to place their gift to you under a big Christmas tree. A beautifully decorated tree will certainly be an eyecatching centrepiece on your wedding day.