Posted: Monday December 30, 2013
Wow, what a year 2013 was. Braxted Park saw another busy year which included over 100 weddings, two wedding fares and the launch of our small wedding package. But what were our favourite wedding trends of 2013?
1. Wedding equality – While this isn’t exactly a trend, we couldn’t round of 2013 without mentioning the passing of legislation which means from next year same sex couples will, for the first time, legally be married in the UK.
2. Neutral bridesmaid dresses – As predicted at our wedding fare last Autumn, we say many bridesmaids in neutral colours this year. Whether it was mink, cream or pale gold, these low key colours looked simple yet stunning throughout the year.
3. Long sleeved wedding dresses – Taking inspiration from Kate Middleton, we saw lots of brides with long sleeved and elegant dresses this year.
4. Sweet tables – Wedding cakes will always be a staple but this year saw a distinct trend towards sweet alternatives such as a pick and mix buffet and even ice cream in cones.
5. Mixing your drinks – 2013 saw the departure of champagne as a welcome drink and the arrival of cocktails. Whether it’s simple Pimms or more extravagant martinis or Cosmopolitan, arrival drinks will never be the same again.