Posted: Wednesday August 05, 2015
We're opening our gates to the public on September 6th for our Autumn Open Day. It starts at 10.30 and our team will be on hand until 4.30 to answer all your questions, show you around our beautiful venue and book in your big day.
But if you still need a reason to come to our open day, here's five:
1) A completely unique opportunity to view Braxted Park – With the exception of pre-booked wedding viewings, Braxted Park and its stunning grounds is usually closed to the public so the open day offers visitors a rare opportunity to view inside the gates. Once inside, brides and grooms will be able to view the beautiful rooms of the Queen Anne house, the immaculate grounds, the Stable Rooms, available for guests who wish to stay at Braxted Park on the evening of the wedding, and the newly opened Bridal Changing Room and Bridal Cottage.
2) Meet the wedding co-ordinators and Front of House staff– Braxted Park’s wedding co-ordinators have a wealth of knowledge of experience in organising weddings, regardless of their size or individual elements. Michelle and Rochelle will be available throughout the day to speak to brides and grooms to be about Braxted Park, the facilities available to those planning on tying the knot, and will also have a full list of availability for the next two years.
Couples will also get the chance to meet some of the Front of House staff who work hard to ensure every wedding runs smoothly and every element goes to plan.
3) Chance to speak to suppliers – During the Braxted Park Open Day, the Pavilion and the Walled Garden will be full of suppliers who work closely with Braxted Park throughout the year. This means couples will have the opportunity to speak to florists, photographers, djs, entertainers and many more about their wedding plans. Each of the suppliers will have experience in working at a Braxted Park wedding so will have an understanding of the venue and what is required. As well as all the suppliers you would expect to see, Braxted Park has teamed up with some more unusual suppliers, from Garden Games through to sweet carts and photo booth suppliers.
4) View all the spaces – Braxted Park provides couples with a large range of beautiful spaces in which they can tie the knot, depending on the size of the wedding party and what the bride and groom would like from their big day. Throughout the wedding open day it will be possible to view all of these spaces which will be set up ready for a wedding to give couples an idea of what it could look like on their big day.
The Orangery plays host to many wedding ceremonies and will be laid out accordingly, while the adjoining Lantern Room, used for smaller wedding ceremonies, will also be open for viewing. The Pavilion, used by many couples for their wedding reception and can hold up to 300 people, will be the centre piece for the open day, and the stunning Ballroom, available at limited times through the year, will also be open for viewing.
5) Admire the manicured Walled Garden and Parkland – The grounds staff at Braxted Park work hard to ensure the gardens, lake, beautiful driveway and grounds of the estate look their very best all of the time. These grounds make a wonderful backdrop for wedding photos and the wedding open day provides couples with a great opportunity to work with their photographer to identify the best spots for their photos. Whether it’s against the fountains in the restored Walled Garden, by the lake filled with ducks and geese or a shot of the couple walking down the long drive lined with candlelight torches, wedding photos taken at Braxted Park are always stunning.